|HEALING TOUCH||SHAMBHALA HEALING TOOLS|
What is Healing Touch?
|The Healing Touch Certificate Program
The Healing Touch Certificate Program was developed by Janet Mentgen RN. BSN, who has been practising energy based care since 1980 in Denver, Colorado. The program became a Certificate Program of the American Holistic Nurses Association in 1990 and certification of Practitioners and Instructors began in 1993. Since then over 35,000 people have been trained worldwide.
Healing Touch was introduced into Australia in 1991 by Mary Jo Bulbrook RN, EdD, CHTP/I when she was a visiting nursing professor at Edith Cowan University in Western Australia. The full Healing Touch curriculum started in July 1993 in Perth; in New Zealand in 1994; and South Africa in 1996 through the pioneering efforts of Mary Jo Bulbrook.
Susan is a certified Healing Touch practitioner and Instructor for Levels 1, 2 & 3.
|Who Can Benefit?
Because Healing Touch influences the whole person on all levels, it is appropriate for everyone and can take place in any setting:
- Delivery Rooms,
- Hospices and Nursing Homes,
- Healing Centres,
- Accident Scenes,
- Private Homes.
(Animals both large and small also respond to Healing Touch.)
How Does Healing Occur?
|Uses for Healing Touch
Anecdotal and research evidence supports the use of Healing Touch in the following areas:
* Relief of Pain * Hypertension, * Cancer, * Diabetes, * Arthritis
* HIV or AIDS * Migraine/ Headaches * Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
* Acceleration of wound healing * Increased Relaxation
* Prevention of Illness * Enhancement of Spiritual Development
* Assists Surgical Procedures: pre and post-op * Support for the Dying and Grieving Process
* Addictions * Stress Management
How do I learn?